Friday, May 12, 2006

Yes, In Fact, I AM Paranoid

Dear Cynthia,

Here is my executive summary:
Summer in Kansas Shawl: 131 of 160 rows completed (67% done)
Cardigan with Collar & Zipper (green): Still on sleeve island
Nephew's "A" Sweater: Back almost completed

Regarding my nephew's "A" Sweater -- I have just a little bit of yarn left on the first hank (out of six which I own, including yesterday's impulsive "insurance" purchase), and I have the entire back completed except for an inch. This means that I will be able to easily finish the sweater using four skeins or less, leaving two remaining which have now been designated for a nice scarf for my dad's birthday in October. And so, indeed, I will most definitely NOT be running out of yarn for this project. This proves that I AM paranoid, probably resulting from some baggage I still carry from prior projects in which I HAVE run out of yarn. Have I mentioned yet how much I LOVE this yarn? It is the first alpaca blend I've tried, and I am smitten.

You may have noticed already, but I put some sections for finished objects on the side bar. Let me know what you think. I went back to January and tried to post everything finished since then. Please feel free to revise to your liking.

Warm regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the finished objects section!
Catherine

Lauren said...

I need to put one of those FO objects sections on my blog, just so I can remember what I have done, haha!

The sweater looks great already!