Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Fort Wayne Fiber Festival

Yes, last weekend was the Fort Wayne Fiber Festival! Ok, admittedly not quite up to Maryland Sheep & Wool or Rhinebeck, but we do our part.

This was the third year of the festival....last year I was out of town, but I heard that it was almost washed away in a rainstorm. Not so this year, both Saturday and Sunday were beautiful days. I of course forgot to take my camera (bad blogger!) so I don't have pictures of the event itself. (Not that this should be taken as a hint that I have pictures of any purchases. Me?? Buy yarn?? Hush your mouth!)

It was lots of fun - I got to see some of the gang from the Wooly Knob. (Mostly why I went!) Jamie's dad had some of the yarn from their spinning operation, so I was glad that is going well. I saw both Julie and Kathy from my days of "skirting" fleeces, and got the info on the next big spinning event. Julie's daughter had made some beaded stitch markers for sale, and I had just noticed that all of mine were "in project" and so I did buy a couple of those.

Ok, ok, yes, I also bought some yarn. Man, you people will just nag a girl to death for pictures of yarn aquisitions! ;)



The tan and cream is a cormo-blend from a local handspinner. It is luscious to hold - they had a childs hat knit out of this and it was so yummy-feeling. I thought I'd make a couple of those hats for a charity project, so I picked up a skein. The More-Cynthia-Colored yarn is a sock yarn (duh!) that is enough merino for a pair of socks. Because we've seen the sock stash, and it is in desperate need of additional yarn....

I also have to confess that my pre-knitting addiction has reared its head. I've always kept reading (I can count on both hands the number of times I've fallen asleep at night without a book in my hands....and there may have been...ahem...alcohol involved....) but since I've been knitting I find that most of my reading happens during the last 10-20 minutes of consciousness each day. However, I just picked up a new book by Laurie King in her Mary Russell series. Looks like it was published last year and I missed that. I love these books - starting with The Beekeepers Apprentice - and when I start one, I cannot put it down until it is done. I've spent more daylight hours reading in the last few days than in the last year put together...

So...way to go with the sweater!! And the lace.....that shawl is beautiful! Good luck with the Amazing Lace!

Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

No comments: