Saturday, April 01, 2006

Second verse, same as the first

Dear Cynthia,

First and most importantly, I am waiting to hear if your new non-stash yarn has spoken to you yet. I can only recall one instance in which my yarn spoke to me, and that was when I was using a bulky ragg yarn in a garter stitch pattern, and really, it was more screaming than speaking, to let me know that this combination was not working well. But, I'm a product knitter, so that could explain my lack of direct communication with my stash.

I'm not sure how to tell you this, but I am working on a secret project. It will be revealed when the time is right, but for now, it must remain a secret. I only mention it because it has taken some time away from my other knitting, and I don't want you to think I've been a slacker.

Though, to help keep your mind from obsessing about what my big secret might be, I did manage to make a little progress on the shawl. I have completed 56 (out of 160) rows. When I get to the 87th row, I get to switch over to a "thistle pattern". I fear that this will just look like a bigger and bigger blob until it is blocked (at which time I am really hoping that it looks less like a blob and more like a really nice shawl). And so, one more thing I've learned about knitting shawls: It might be boring to read my blog about it. Hang in there, though. According to my calculations, you will only be subjected to it for another 50 days.

And, because my "sock knitting" is now also my "tv knitting" (recall recent post in which it was established that knitting on the shawl, my "real project", is not possible for me when the tv is on, and last night I just had to watch "Numbers" -- love that show, because it's about a bunch of geeks who are "cool" and I've always been a bit of a geek, not knowing that "cool" was even possible for a geek)...sorry, lost my train of thought. Oh yes, socks are being worked on whenever I watch tv, so there's been a little progress there, too.

Well, I suppose I should get started on making dinner.

Warm regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

No comments: