Friday, April 07, 2006

Distraction

Dear Cynthia,

I decided that I would show a couple of knitting-related activities, so that readers of this blog might not notice the lack of real progress on my current knitting projects. Also, I have a confession. Remember when we went to the yarn store in East Troy? Well, since I did not make any purchases in East Troy, and since I happened to *notice* a new yarn store in Cambridge as I was driving by it on my way home that day (I am still agog at the thought that I almost drove right by it), I parked the car and went into the store, called "Knit Whit". They have lots of very nice yarn, including a nice selection of Cascade 220, some Cascade sock yarn, some Noro Kureyon, some Donegal Tweed, and many, many, other nice things packed into this tiny store. However, what caught my eye was the needle-felting kit, which I purchased, and which I tried out this week on the big mystery project (which will be disclosed on this blog when the timing is right). It included four felting needles (one blunt, one fine, and two standard), instructions, and a piece of foam. It was perfect for my project.

I've also been reading some knitting literature, and laughing out loud, except for the one or two poignant sections which made me cry. Only 40 more pages to go..... What a fun book! I'm so glad you let me borrow your special autographed copy, and it fed my soul when I read the personal notation to you from Stephanie, "Obsession is normal." I am so glad!

Warm regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

No comments: