Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Cacophany of the Stash....

Dear Laura:

Hmm, well, being a process knitter, I depend on my yarn to speak to me. Occasionally, I have a project in mind, and I look for the right yarn - such as when I was looking for the red yarn for the baby blanket.

Often I see yarn that tells me immediately what it wants to be - usually sock yarn. Sometimes, I have yarn that tells me I want it, but several years later, still has not told me what it wants to be. Such as this yarn...

I thought it wanted to be mittens, but when I sat down to knit them, I knitted up the first ball, and wasn't finished with the first mitten. Since I only had two balls, that wouldn't work. So, this year I tried to make toddler mittens out of it. There was enough, but it was really too bulky to make nice mittens - it came to a point at the top of the hand and the top of the thumb that I didn't like.

So here I am with two balls of this, I love it, but I still don't know what it is going to be. And I have no idea where the ball bands are, so I won't be getting more!

But you asked about the new "non-stash" yarn. Frankly, with all the noise from the "dead-line yarn" (projects that I have to work on soon!) and the "WIP" stash and the screaming from the sock stash....it's hard to hear anything new speak.

But I did hear some muttering from these two about maybe a purse using a true basket-weave stitch...I'm able to ignore a little muttering now and then tho!!


Keep knitting...

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)


No comments: