Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mothers Day shopping done!

Dear Cynthia,

Richard is a cutie! I can't believe how big he is already. I CAN believe the going up and down the stairs thing... Been there, still doing that, except instead of chasing poopy diapers, these days I'm running interference for fighting boys. Richard is fortunate to have such an "auntie" like you to dote over him these two weeks! I'll talk with "the friend who is a boy" to see what we might work out.

I've been knitting, so I have something to show for the past day, because a clean house I do not have, nor, well, much else "finished" for that matter. I did, however, purchase something for my mom (who doesn't read this blog, but who will probably just take a peek at it today!) for Mothers Day. I am fortunate that she is a knitter, though not quite as intensive as some I know. I have been coveting a couple of things from Morehouse Merino, and this is what I ordered, in the waterlilies colorway, and I'm really going to give it away....really, I am, really. I think it is elegant, fun, charming...just like my mom! I think she'll enjoy working with the nice merino yarn, too. I'm having it shipped to my house just so that I may look at it for a while before I give it to her. I just think it looks dreamy, and I might have to get one for myself at some point...right after I'm done with the mitten and the shawl and the green sweater yadda yadda yadda.

Well, I'd better get started on dinner.
Warm regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

No comments: