Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Great minds think alike.....

Dear Laura:

I toyed with pre-ordering the Yarn Harlot's new book, but I decided to wait and try to "find it in the wild." However, I needed to order a kids book for a gift...and if I ordered more I could get free shipping, and I've always been a sucker for books...

So!!



Sitting on my side-table I have not only "Knitting Rules" but also....Mason Dixon Knitting. (One extra book wouldn't get me that free shipping....) However, I'm currently hip deep in lace knitting books from the library, picking out a pattern for that baptismal shawl. It is with great strength of character that I have resisted the new books since last Friday. I want to savor them...and that means dealing with library books first! I'm hoping to find some quiet time on Saturday to dig in and enjoy.

I'm still plugging away on the baby blanket - I'll probably finish the 3rd ball of yarn today, then only 2 more to go! And I'm working on socks for the Sock-a-pal-000-za......

Things are kind of routine, but you'll never hear me complain about that!! A spot of lovely weather tho....

Good luck with your test, and keep knitting!!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

No comments: