Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spring Mini-Yarn Crawl 2006

Dear Laura:

Ok, and now, as promised, the review of the Spring Mini-Yarn Crawl 2006!!

Yarn Thrower and Designated Knitter met in East Troy, WI last Saturday morning to check out a yarn store and also to knit and gab. I can honestly say that there is a store in East Troy that does have some yarn.

Moving right along, we found a cute little restaurant/bar called Ivan's. (We think it was called Ivan's) (reminder, on next yarn crawl, take notes!) This lovely gentleman greeted us as we arrived.

They were still serving from their Saturday brunch menu. I had the French Toast with cinnamon and powdered sugar. It was WONDERFUL. Our waitress did a great job - she took care of us, but she didn't hover, allowing us to chat and knit. If you ever find yourself in East Troy Wisconsin, be sure to keep an eye out for the little statue, it stands outside of a great place to take a knitting break!!

I'm back at home, trying to catch up on my sleep. It's amazing how long it takes me to recover from a simple weekend trip these days. I was messed up the whole trip about what time it was. I know it's only an hour difference, but I felt like I spent the whole weekend translating in my head what the clock "meant." The clock in my car (EST) meant an hour earlier in CST, but my cell phone displayed local time correctly. My alarm clock which said I was still awake at midnight meant that I was REALLY still awake at 1:00 am. My brain can't handle that much technical processing!!

Looks like your lace knitting is coming right along!!

Keep knitting!

Cynthia (Designated Knitter)

No comments: