Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sober and well-rested

Dear Cynthia,

First, this blog is now published to syndication. Just click on the orange square near the bottom of the right-hand sidebar, and you will be prompted to select your favorite "reader". It's easier than signing up for a newspaper, with content that is hopefully less depressing.

Second, I **almost** started a new pair of socks. I was even thinking about where the needles for them might be. It was a weak moment. I'm stronger now, so instead, I cast on for the last remaining sock I have which is languishing in "second sock syndrome" (s-cubed). It is so difficult to be monogomous to the Fana cardigan, since I really, really don't like finishing, and there is SO MUCH of it on the Fana. So far I have kept my vow that I wouldn't start any new projects until all of my current wip's were done. So far...

Speaking of the Fana, I have not abandoned it completely. I sewed the lines around the sleeve holes. I think I counted the stitches three times just to be sure they were going to be where the arms go, and not end up someplace in the middle part of the back or something. And then I actually CUT (big **gasp**) the thing, making sure that my scissors were, indeed, BETWEEN the stitching lines. I pictured what I would do if I had miscalculated someplace and had a nice slice in the wrong place. I wondered how long it would take me to stop weeping. It is something I wouldn't have done without being completely sober and well-rested. I still have yet to see if it will all fit together properly, so I'm not out of the woods, yet. In any case, onward to more finishing....sigh...

Warm regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

No comments: