Monday, March 06, 2006

One down, one to go

Dear Cynthia,

One sleeve completed installed, and by "completely installed", I mean that it has been sewn into place, and the inside facing has been sewn down over the cut edges. The only sleeves I've ever spent more time on are the ones I've had to re-knit because I didn't like the rates of decrease... This isn't as bad as re-knitting a sleeve, but it does take some time to make sure that it lies flat and doesn't show through on the right side.

There's also been a small (and by "small", I mean "eensy") amount of work on the second sock.... It seems that there is a trade-off between having a clean shower stall and making further progress on knitting a sock.

Well, laundry is waiting. (There's another trade-off...)

Warm regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Love the colors on the sock! Hooray for socks!