Friday, March 03, 2006

The Joy of Clean Countertops

Dear Cynthia,

By all means, blame your parents! They are probably prepared for that. And it is a modern thing now, to blame somebody else for whatever is not right with you, right?? I know that my dh and I have already disscussed that it is only a matter of time before our sons drag us into therapy with them so that we will be blamed for not having cable tv, or for making them wear unfashionable boots when there is a foot of snow, so we can't worry too much about every little decision we make, since some things are just not avoidable. In fact, I'm going to make them eat their spinach tonight during dinner, just to make sure I'm having an impact.

My counter and stove tops are all cleared of the dirty dishes, and the dirty dishes are clean. I've done two loads of laundry today, vacuumed a little bit, and there's a chance I might still clean a shower stall (though that's starting to look a little bit iffy). And so it is with a clean conscience that I continue working on the Fana Cardigan. My ds asked me when I thought it would be done, and I said in about a week, and what he "heard" and committed to **memory** is: "Mommy is going to have my sweater done on March 8th". He's already talking about wearing it to school when it is too warm for his winter jacket. This is extremely gratifying. I mean, it is one thing to wear hand-knit socks and a complicated hand-knit sweater myself on days when I have exams, just for a feeling of security, but it really warms my heart that my ds is counting the days until his new sweater will be done. You know what that means, right? It's not the Knitting Olympics, but it does mean the completion of this sweater now has a deadline. I'm working on the buttonhole band now, and have three buttonholes in, two more to go where the markers are placed. It's difficult to see, but I put a button through one of the holes just to prove there is a nice hole there. I think I'm going to get silver metal buttons, having a snowflake on the front of each one if I can find some like that...

Anyway, a question: If I knitted a pair of socks out of some yarn months ago, and I only used up half of the yarn, and I happen to love the socks but feel comfortable wearing them no more than two days in a row without washing them, and I want to make another pair with the same yarn, and I'd like to begin the knitting, say, next week, would that be considered a "new project", or is that a wip, since I would just be "finishing" using the yarn?

Have a great time in Kenosha!
**Warm** regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

No comments: