Thursday, June 29, 2006

Lethargy

Dear Cynthia,

Look at this photo! To my eye, this project is NOT screaming "Hey, pick me up already and get going on the knitted on lace edging again."

In spite of that, I did pick it up today and worked ten rows of the border on Summer in Kansas. This means that I have 220 rows of the border completed. This also means that I have 670 rows of the border remaining (according to my little spreadsheet there, which is discouraging just to look at). I haven't decided, yet, if the glass is half empty or half full on this project.

My new "deadline" is August 4th. It means knitting roughly 20 rows per day. Plus, there is a little border that is worked along the top edge, but I don't think it is quite 890 rows worth. I could find out right now by looking at the pattern, but I'm afraid to. Ignorance sometimes is, indeed, bliss.

Anyway, enough with the shawl math for now. How is your lace baptismal shawl coming along? Hopefully you are more motivated than I am right now??

Well, time to get going on the invitations for my five-year-old's birthday party. It is the first party to which he's ever been allowed to invite friends, so it is really a big deal for him and he is very excited about it.

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

No comments: