Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Willpower!

Greetings and Dear Cynthia,

If my six year old saw the title of this post, he would likely comment about it being a "compound word". I am learning so much now that he is in school...

It is the **ONLY** word which describes the reason that I didn't cast on for a new pair of socks from my new Favorite Socks book. I have some Lorna's Laces Sport weight sock yarn which I was fortunate to receive as one of my mom's good friends was "de-stashing", and it is all wound and ready to knit, and I'm thinking about "Priscilla's Dream Socks" from the book, and I remembered that I MUST FINISH SOME OTHER PROJECTS FIRST. Though, since I was getting all lonesome for having a "sock in progress", and since I just happened to have one of those in my stash, I dug it out and started carrying on where I left off many months ago. This is Blackberry Ridge yarn, Mer-Made superwash, fingering weight, in the variegated pink, and their pattern Traveling Companion Socks. It's not the fastest sock to knit, but I love the way it is knitting up! It looks a bit jumbled to my eye in this photo, but in person I'm very happy with it.

My four year old gave me a note as I was getting myself presentable this morning:Even though there isn't much competition in the category of being his Mommy (since there's just the one of me), this is one of those things that goes a long way toward blocking out any frustrations I've had in my Mommy-hood. The financial rewards aren't that great, but this is the best "job" I've ever had, which is good, because if all goes as planned, I'll be in this job for a lot longer than any others I've had.....

Rainy day here, so I'll throw a load of laundry into the washer and then work on my sock or my shawl or my Sapporo...

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

3 comments:

Sus said...

I like the sock pattern. I am currently in love with simple cables. And what a sweet note from your little one! That's a keeper, for sure.

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog -- throwers unite! ;)

Molly Bee said...

Awwww! What a nice note! That's a keeper! Beautiful sock too. I have never tried the BlackBerry Ridge stuff for socks-just scarves. Will have to try it

Anonymous said...

Nice socks and note. I still have notes like that saying "Ant Lue I lov yuy." Sweeeeet.