Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Growing



Dear Cynthia,

First, and while I'm thinking about it, I want to thank Marie for her kind and regular comments!

Having a little more "free time" now that my test is over, this morning I played around with some needle felting designs for my new bag.

I don't think either one of these is going to be the "winner"; however, I'm interested in what comments you and anybody else out in blogland might have regarding these iterations.

Too detailed? The groupings look funny together?? Needs more flowers or less flowers or flowers moved more to the left or right? Design okay but colors wonky?

Whatever anybody might be thinking, I'm interested in hearing it, because, I am no artist.....

"Drawing" something onto a big blank canvas of a felted bag is a bit of a stretch for me, though I think it is good for me to get out of my comfort zone a little bit...

I'm also contemplating sources of inspiration other than flowers. Folksy hearts? Fish?

Note: These might look a little bit fuzzy, because I've only lightly tacked the designs in place just to get an idea of the design. (Don't worry - your eyes are fine!) That way, I may remove the fiber easily if necessary.

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the flower maybe consider doing them without the stems.
Erin B

YarnB said...

That is a good idea.....without the stems......big blossoms!

Lauren said...

What they said!

I also like the top design, the simpler one.

Marie N. said...

Hi Laura,
I'm partial to the top design with stems because I like the small and delicate. At the same time, the larger flowers without stems would look stunning.

allisonmariecat said...

I think they're both lovely! I like the colors you chose. The top one is my favorite, but I feel like it might be missing something...maybe a butterfly on the right side for balance? I dunno...I'm not good at stuff like this :)

Elizabeth said...

If it's an either/or question, I'd choose the top one: smaller clusters of flowers with stems. But both options are good and would appeal to different people.

If you're looking for other ideas, play with geometric shapes?