Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Remember the Alamo?

Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,

Well actually, Remember Sapporo? I saw it's components all sitting in their little pile this morning and decided that there's no time like the present to begin the finishing. To those of you who lived through the Hardangervidda with me at Christmas time, this is going to be a different verse of the same song.

First, I sewed two lines of stitches on each side of all of the cutting lines. I used white thread, because I didn't think I'd have a chance of seeing the stitches if I used black, and not being able to see the stitches when I have a scissors in my hand and am cutting did not sound like a good idea. I don't think the thread color is going to make one bit of difference once the thing is assembled.

Here's where a sleeve will go:This is the front opening area:The very bottom of the front opening was worked as a buttonhole, so no need for stitches there, though I did make certain that I double stitched along the side edges in the vicinity of the buttonhole.

Next, the cutting... No matter how many times I do this, it still gives me pause at the moment when I hear the sound of the scissors making its first cut into the knitted piece.....

I'm still basking in the relief of having my exam behind me, though I did wake up this morning trying to re-work one of the problems from the test. It's strange how the brain works.....

In any case, judging by your comments, it sounds as though the universal solution for handling incoming household mail / school papers / misc junk has not yet been invented. I'm going to work on trying some different processes for that; what I'm doing now clearly isn't working. I'll let you know what I find out, and I'll be thankful for any ideas you might have on that topic, too!

Beautiful day here today! I might actually pull a few weeds...

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Laura - I have to say that thes hypothetical meetings are about the most boring event I can think of.

I'm fairly bad about dealing with my mail. Usually what happens is I make a pile on a corner of my counter in the kitchen. Then about once every 2-3 days I go through the pile putting the trash in the recycling bin (right next to where I'm making the pile), the bills on TOP of a box in my office that actually has tabs INSIDE of it with dates for when they need to be paid (I want a standing sorter since anything inside a box does not exist to me) and the papers that need filing in a file bin. Catalogs (I keep almost none of those) go in a catalog bin, magazines in the magazine stand. When any of those get full, I recycle magazines/catalogs and file papers. Usually takes 2-3 months. Bills I file when paid.

Cindy G said...

Can hardly wait to see Sapporo all put together!

Marie N. said...

I still don't have the gumption to cut my knitting. Maybe when I fix or replace my sewing machine.... Till then I can't imagine it.

I still enjoy your tutorials because some day I'd like to be more accomplished.