Friday, July 18, 2008

Another dishcloth!

Greetings and Dear Laura:

Well, it's been rather warm this week - highs in the 90's with plenty of humidity to steam it up. I can't really complain tho, since I am a fervent devotee of that most blessed invention - Air Conditioning! I tend to endure only the heat long enough to move from one air-conditioned place to another.

Last week, when Amber & the kids were staying with me, we air-conditioned pretty aggressively, trying to cool off the upstairs for them. I closed the registers in the basement and main level to help push the cold up to their level, and turned the thermostat lower than usual. It did get to the point that they were comfortable, but by that time the basement was FREEZING! Obviously, I'm not one to complain about that - I enjoyed the time in my long pj's and extra blankets! Now that they have left, however, I've reverted to normal. I'm comfortable in my shorts and t-shirt, and don't need anything heavier than a sheet to cover up at night.

We are having a charity collection at work - it's Christmas In July. I think it's a sensible idea - there is so much to do and give to in December, but service organizations need help all year long. One of the items they are collecting is dishcloths, so Knitting at Lunch had a light-bulb moment, and we are knitting dishcloths for this.

Thanks to the wonder of Ravelry, we could browse patterns and find something that caught our fancy. I had been interested in some of the circular patterns, so I chose this one. I cast on yesterday at lunch, and today when I started working on it again, it looked like this:
Photo_071808_001

And after lunch:
Photo_071808_002

All I have to do is seam it up and weave in a few ends. The only mod I made was to change colors when I was at the center, so that I didn't have to keep cutting the yarn at the color change.

I like this one!

Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Your dishcloth looks awesome! I am definitely doing one of those next.

Cindy G said...

Pretty! -and smart to avoid lots of ends :)