Monday, August 11, 2008

Nine credits completed, Ibenholt *not* completed

Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,

I'm so sorry to hear about your tummy bug, and I hope that you are feeling much better today!

It's been a long time since I last posted, though I'm happy to report that as of last Friday, I completed my summer session of PT school, and am now enjoying a three week break!

I picked up my knitting more in the past few weeks, and have some crazy idea that I can possibly finish Ibenholt during this three week break, though I'm not going to do anything totally nuts like sign up for the Knitting Olympics in order to push myself to finish it -- after having five tests last week, I feel I've had enough stress for one summer. The left front is done; now I'm working on the back above the "split" for the armholes... (Right front is folded under in the photo...)

I love PT school so far (though after being a stay at home mom for eight years, just leaving the house *by myself* sort of feels like going to a party), and continue to feel fortunate for this opportunity. I have great instructors and classmates, and couldn't even dream of having a better experience there so far. I've maybe said this before, and I'll say it again -- Going back to school is a great way to handle a midlife crisis, and only costs a little bit more than a new car.

The boys and I are off to the gym for a little while this morning (I can watch the Olympics while I exercise, and my boys can play with all the other kids in the gym) and then we're going to do some work around the (much neglected) house. More soon!

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

5 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

Congrats for making it through the summer session! Yay! Ibenholt looks great so far.

Leave the house...by yourself...? I'm not following...

Cindy G said...

Congrats on getting the summer session under your belt - enjoy your break!

Ibenholt is looking absolutely breathtakingly beautiful.

Molly Bee said...

Congrats on finishing up your summer session! That sweater is gorgeous. You have a lot done since last I saw it!

Sus said...

Congrats on completing your first grad hours! The Ibenholt looks fantastic. Don't pressure yourself; slow and steady wins the race!

Naperville Furniture Removal said...

Love thiis