Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back at it

Greetings and Dear Laura:

Hey, congratulations on finishing your first session! That's great, and I'm glad you've been enjoying it. Ibenholt is coming along nicely - you do still have a little time before the snow flies - even in Wisconsin!

I think I'm about recovered from my bug - it hit harder than I expected. Tomorrow it will have been a full week since it started. I'm hoping to try something more substantial than 'clear liquids' tonight, so fingers crossed.

While staying home from work and knitting always sounds appealing, a high fever kind of spoils the good time, so I didn't get any knitting done on Thursday or Friday. Saturday was good tho - I finished up my green socks!

Complete with leftover yarn
I love these socks! I thought I was going to wear them out the first few days - I never wanted to take them off! (My feet were weirdly cold while I was sick. On the up-side, I got to wear my new socks even tho it's August.) The yarn is Jitterbug by Colinette and I love it so much I would marry it, EXCEPT for the lousy put-up. The cuffs on these socks aren't all that long, and I had ONE GRAM of yarn left. Anyone with feet any larger than mine is going to have pretty short cuffs. I love the color and the feel and the squooshiness of this yarn - but it seriously needs more yardage, especially as it's at the top of my price range for sock yarn. I have a couple more skeins in my stash, so I'll know to plan accordingly, but I can't see buying more when I know how tight it will be to get a pair of socks.

But see?? I can't quit wearing them!
I'm never taking these off!

Keep knitting!


Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Woo socks!!! They look so awesome, I am glad you finished - even with just a gram to spare!

Also, good luck with eating the solid food tonight. Keep us posted. ;-)

Leepae said...

Thiss was lovely to read