Friday, August 15, 2008

As promised.....

Greetings and Dear Laura:

The week is winding down, and I am feeling better. Able to hope that at the end of the "7-10 days" I'll be completely recovered!

I have a busy weekend planned, but there should be some prime knitting time as well. On Saturday morning, my church will be having its annual "All Boards Planning Retreat." Everyone who is serving on a Board for next year is expected to attend, and work to plan and set goals for the following year. I served on a Board last year, and discovered that meetings are good knitting time! I can certainly listen and participate in conversation while knitting a plain pattern. Basically the only difference between a Board Meeting and Knit-In is that at Knit-In, I'm not the only one knitting! Well, plus I'm doing Board stuff.

I wanted to report on my latest yarn-store visit. On the way home from my 'staycation' at a nearby lake, I scheduled a stop at Knitting Today near South Milford. I love this shop and would certainly visit more often if it were closer to me (or the price of gas magically went down to $1.50/gal. Oh well, a girl's gotta have a dream!)


I had a plan going in, and that's always a good thing for me. I knew that Lea-Ann carries Noro, so I planned to pick up a skein or two for my Lizard Ridge. I hadn't seen this color before, but I really like it!

IMG_4595.JPG

I kept it to one tho, because I also found Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, which it is well documented that I have no resistance against. I chose a rich orangey-red color, which I think will make a great baby hat!

IMG_4596.JPG

I was sorely tempted by the Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn, but I do have SOME self control! I also picked up the latest issue of Knitters and some new colors of kitchen cotton. I haven't seen this 'long repeat' and I'm anxious to try it out. I'm also going to try a new-to-me-anyway circular needle. I'm always looking for that perfect combo of smooth join, sharp points, easy glide material. I'll let you know!
IMG_4600.JPG


Keep knitting!


Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter!)

No comments: