Monday, January 15, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Dear Cynthia,
Winter has actually arrived, and it is the perfect day to stay inside and knit. Unfortunately, we have several appointments today, so that puts a wrench into my knitting fantasy... Fun, none-the-less...

Here is a shot of the boys in the sweaters I made them for Christmas. I'm so relieved that they aren't "itchy".My four year old has been noticing how many things say "Made in China" on them. Every time he discovers yet one more thing that has that printed on it, he announces it, almost in disbelief. Yesterday, out of the blue, he said, "Mommy, there must be a lot of people in China, to make all of that stuff." I almost told him that his sweater wasn't made in China, because I made it in the USA, but then I didn't, because the yarn came from Peru...

Your Dale of Norway hat is adorable!! I wouldn't have even noticed the errant ladybug if you wouldn't have pointed it out. I cracked up about your comments regarding the Dale instructions! I know exactly what you're talking about!

I started a new sweater a few days ago. I'm making "Murphy" from Knitter's, though I'm revising the shaping a little bit to accomodate my shorter stature. I'm using some hand painted yarn I got at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival from Briar Rose Fibers. I knew I wouldn't have enough yarn for a full sweater, but by combining it with the leftovers from my six year old's Christmas sweater, I think it will work.

I thought this hat was very fun! I might have to make one of those yet this winter, too.....

Well, I'd better get moving. We're going to meet "Daddy" for lunch, and then we have major plans to go sledding!

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

2 comments:

Designated Knitter said...

You are just wild with those sweaters! I've made maybe 2 baby sweaters in the last year, and you've done like TEN in the last 4 months!

Amazing!

Marie N. said...

The boys' sweaters are great! Very satisfying for mom to see too I bet.