Tuesday, January 30, 2007

SURPRISE ! (Knitty, that is...)

Dear Cynthia,

Introducing Elbac scarves. (Elbac = the reverse of "cable".....) These are two different cable scarves which are completely reversible.

Imagine my SURPRISE and joy when I learned that my Knitty submission was "gonna make it after all" (my apologies to Mary Tyler Moore). (Photo by DH.)These are scarves which look nice on any body. (Photo by Elizabeth Morrison.)
See what I mean?

I had been thinking about making a scarf for my dad, and I loved the look of all of the scarves people were making which had cables running lengthwise on them. As a knitter, I would make sure that the cables were showing nicely every time I wore such a scarf, but my dad? Probably not. So, I started reading and thinking about ways to get a similar look which was reversible. (Now I'd better get busy on a scarf for Dad, because I don't think pink and aqua are his favorite colors.....)

Warmest regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

9 comments:

Marie N. said...

Wow! Congratulations! This may be the first "tangy" pattern I try from their site. Both verisons look great.

p.s. I feel like I know someone famous :-)

Elizabeth said...

I love that picture of you throwing your hat. I had been thinking of getting pictures of one of my projects at that park with the city in the background across the lake.

Cindy G said...

Hey congratulation! That is really exciting news, and the scarf looks wonderful.

Designated Knitter said...

I'm with Marie - I feel like I know someone famous - and she blogs with me!!

Congratulations! LOVE the scarves!

RPW said...

Those are beautiful scarves...Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am the proud recipient of the scarf pictured and have received compliments on how great it looks.

Lauren said...

Conrgats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cynthia was like, hey go look at the knitty surprises... and I was like, hey! i know that person!!!!! I am so happy for you! Also: can I get your autograph!??? It's no small feat to make it onto knitty. Congrats again, and I love the scarves!

Heather said...

wonderful pattern!

Enigma said...

Congrats! I love the pink version!