Thursday, August 02, 2007

August Goals

Greetings and Dear Laura:

First of all, Sus - you're welcome for the baby sock pattern! You're right, they are muy addictive - they go so fast!!

For Marie and Anita - Zeke is the mascot at the insurance company where I work, mining the mysteries of "forms logic and composition" which is JUST as exciting as it sounds. We endure periodic "environment refreshes" which are truly NOT refreshing.....and sometimes we may bounce off the walls around that time. It's not our fault, they have STILL not provided us with our requisitioned
Margarita Maker so - Zeke happened. Using nothing but standard office supplies, common garden produce, and the leftovers of "cubicle pranks." (See what they did to my cubicle on my birthday....)

And thanks to Marit, Sharon and Carol for your compliments on the Surprise Jacket!

In new business, it's time for the July Report and August Goals.

July was about little projects.
I made project 3 Soap Sweaters, IMG_3533.JPG my Sockapalooza 4 socks,
3 baby socks IMG_3605
IMG_3607
Photo_072707_001.jpg and the Baby Surprise jacket.

With the exception of the baby socks, which I procrastinated too much on, all deadlines were met with time to spare. That makes for much happiness!

August Goals:

1. Finish the knitting on the Ladybug sweater in time to take it to Stitches next weekend, where YarnThrower has graciously agreed to provide moral support (and margaritas??) and encouragement when I cut my first steeks. (Yes, I'm a steek virgin!)
2. I'm whipping up a Soap Sweater to send in my Sockapalooza package, which I plan to send out on Monday. Just because I had the knitting done WAY early doesn't mean that I have BLOCKED the socks. I also waited until the last minute to order a little surprise to add to the package.
3. Fetching Baby hat for a shower gift. I'm using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino from my stash, leftover from a baptismal gown I knitted 4 years ago. I'm past the cables, so I just have ribbing and decreases to go.
Photo_073007_001.jpg
4. Pair of fingerless mitts for a co-worker. It was a special request, and I'm happy to oblige. I started them at lunch yesterday because I felt it was something I could work on in a darkened movie theatre. Which was true until I dropped a stitch. I did get a couple of inches done tho, so it worked out ok. I'm using some REALLY short DPN's and it's so easy to lose a stitch with them.
5. Pair of ankle-socks for my niece's birthday on the 18th. I have the yarn, but I need to pick a pattern.
6. I haven't decided what will come next, but it is time to start seriously planning for Christmas (we exchanged names early this year, and I have forgotten whose name I got and where I put the slip.....) and 5 babies which will be born by March

Ah well, so it goes!!

Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

No comments: