Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,
I DID actually finish something.....though it wasn't the pink, tedious sock. (Another week for that, I think...)
I've had only half of a blind up on one of the windows in the master bedroom for weeks now. Nothing screams to my husband that "Laura has a lot of unfinished projects" more than half of a valence on one of the windows we see every day. I think he must notice it, though, kindly, he hasn't said anything. Perhaps it is my own conscience which is convicting me.
In any case, I finished the rest of the panels. Here they are, the "front side" of one panel, the "reverse side" of another, and the third showing both sides:And here is the finished window:I couldn't get the lighting right on that shot after a dozen tries, but I think you get the idea.
This is what it looked like originally:The new valence is mounted a bit higher, to give the window the allusion of being taller. Also, the fact that I fixed the blind might give it a more "finished" look, too...
Anyway, one window done, and one to go. I'd like to have it done before my class starts on July 2nd....well, that and about a thousand other things...
Knitting in my next post, for sure! I've been knitting socks!