Sunday, February 12, 2006

Stopping to stretch....

Dear Laura:

Thanks for your input and encouragement. Today is going better, and I'm not going to stress about the fact that it looks small for another couple of days. I am confident in my gauge, and I do think it is about being crunched up on the needles.

But you have to stop to stretch!!

So I have a "truly finished" object to display. I knitted a fun pair of fuzzy feet for my niece, but they hadn't been felted yet. I haven't been felting in my washing machine because it is a new type - it's a top load machine but the tub is like a front load, so there is no agitator. They say that it isn't as hard on your clothes, which is a plus for laundry, but I'm not so sure about felting. (Or fulling...as they say is a more correct term!) Plus it locks once the cycle starts, so it's more of a pain to keep checking the project.

I usually use my mom's machine upstairs, but it had been out of commission. When Kayla got here today to clean, I decided to do a quick job on the slippers, and then we formed them to her feet. So here they are, in all their bright fuzzy glory!



Ok, back to knitting now!

Designated Knitter

No comments: