Friday, February 24, 2006

Guest Artist

Dear Cynthia,

My sil sent me a picture of a scarf she made. It is Danica from Knitty. (Now I really want to try entrelec, too. Of course, there still is the list of works-in-progress I've published here, and so have witnesses, and then stupidly vowed in front of those same witnesses to finish all wip's before I can start anything new...) In any case, I thought you might enjoy having a look at the pic, too. She claims that it's not difficult, that you "just follow the directions", or something like that. It is knit from some handspun from the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool festival, having some variation in color from one end to the other, contrasted with a solid color Blackberry Ridge yarn. Isn't it lovely?! Perhaps someday you or my sil could give me a tutorial on (successfully) picking out exotic fun yarns for new projects. I tend to gravitate toward the "standards"...

Warm regards,
Laura (aka YarnThrower)

No comments: