Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,
First, I don't know where our blog header is. I suspect my DH might have done something with our web repository (moved it?....so the blog can no longer access the proper files??) - I'll try to figure out what is going on with that so our graphics return to their rightful places...
Second, you have some of the most unusual projects I've ever read about. I think you're the only person I've ever known who has assisted in building a windmill. Also, the only person I've ever known who had to retrieve her sheets out of the treetops. And, there was that cow sling thing that you knit... My sweaters/socks pale by comparison. Maybe I'll try to knit in a tree or something...
I have two very large tests next week, so I thought I'd take a little time right now to procrastinate by posting to our blog. After Wednesday, I'm *DONE* with school for the summer. Then I have two weeks off to clean our bathrooms, mop the floors, haul the dust away, and get myself and the boys ready for school... I've got lists of things to accomplish; if I get even half of it done, I'll be thrilled.
Remember my Basic Chic Hoodie? I really love the pattern and the way it's turning out, and as I work on it, I keep thinking about what other colors or stitch patterns I'll use when I make the next one of these. For now, however, I really should focus on what I'm doing...for example, when picking up needles to knit the front band, I maybe should have checked the actual needle size called for in the pattern *before* I completed the entire front band. Here it is with size 6 needles:
Difficult to see, but perhaps you noticed, ahem, some significant puckering, which didn't look nearly as bad when it was on the needles, really....but it was too much to try to block out and live with, so I ripped it all out and re-knit with size 7 needles, as called for.
I used "one-row buttonholes", which are my favorite ever buttonholes, over three stitches. And, instead of following the directions for number of stitches to pick up, I did my usual "pick up three stitches for every four rows" method, and I came within two stitches of what the directions suggested. Also, the directions have you make the left front and right front bands separately, and then seam the right band to the left band where the hood seam is. I decided to pick up all of the stitches at once and make both sides at the same time, so no seam. Just a few more stitches to bind off of the front band, and some additional finishing, and I'll post a picture of me wearing the completely sweater (which seems to have taken forever -- school has really cramped my knitting productivity).
It's a rainy, rainy Saturday, and I really have to get back to studying. In my next post, I'll have some sock yarn stash enhancement from a couple of months ago when my mom made me buy bright colors I would not be inclined to purchase on my own (which I know you don't believe actually happened), as well as two pairs of finished socks.