Tuesday, February 26, 2008

All about the good news!

Greetings and Dear Laura:

Congratulations on being accepted into the PT program! You've worked hard for that and I'm glad it's coming together for you! Sounds like you're getting a good start on being ready for the changes.

I've also had some good news (but haven't gotten it posted in a timely manner - sorry!) Late in January, I was offered a full-time regular job with the company that I've been "temping" at for 2 1/2 years. It's basically the same job I've done for the last year or so, but now that I'm "real," I get benefits. Yay for vacation, paid holidays, health insurance and retirement savings!!

I've really enjoyed seeing your finished projects. I had to laugh at how hard it was to stop knitting dishcloths! Aren't quick projects fun?! They look great tho! I also love the robes - they certainly look cozy!

I could relate to the quickness of your sewing projects. I myself did some sewing last weekend. I had a stack of baby flannel on my dining room table, along side my sewing machine, since.....well...probably since New Years. I needed to hem (4) 45" squares into receiving blankets for my newest Godson. However, ANYTHING was grounds to put it off. The problem is that I really don't like to sew. I like to give these receiving blankets - they're larger and thicker than the usual store-bought blankets. The moms I know just love them. They aren't hard, so I'm glad I finally buckled down and got them done. Amber was quite happy to have them.
Logan's Blankets

I did another quick project over the weekend. I wanted to make a soft warm pretty hat for a cousin who is having chemotherapy. I picked up two balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in a pretty dark Chocolate color. I used the Fetching Inspired Hat pattern that I've made in baby size, and it went really nicely. I cast on the same 100 stitches that I've used in lighter weight yarn for a baby, and it came out a great size. And I started it Saturday evening and cast it off Sunday evening. (I did spend most of the afternoon on it - it was a great Sunday!)
Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Fetching Hat for Lita

And then, in celebration, I did a bit of home improvement myself. The lamp that I had beside my knitting chair belonged to my grandfather and sat on his desk as long I as can remember. Besides the look, I liked the shape because I could hang my circular needles on it and have them quite handy. Several months ago, I took it upstairs for my mom to use on her desk, since she was having a hard time seeing. I decided that I wanted to replace it with a "true-color" lamp. I found them on half price on the day after I got my first new paycheck, raise included (!) so now I have a lovely lamp that still holds my needles.

Ott Lite

Ok, that's the news! Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter!)

2 comments:

marit said...

Congrats on your job!
You have some beautiful fabrics there, and a very cute hat:-)

Lauren said...

Note to everyone: The hat looks blue in the picture, but it was a very beautiful brown when i saw it in real life ;-)