Sunday, June 06, 2010

If I was a person who bought lottery tickets...

Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,

Seafoam scarf is finished, final dimensions 60x6":
I love the stitch pattern, and it will look even better when it is not blocking on a green towel for a background:
If I was a person who bought lottery tickets, I would buy one today, because this is how much yarn I had left after the final pattern repeat/bind-off:
Sometimes things do work out (YAY) -- another life lesson :-)

I will be taking Hanami to baseball practice today, and all of the swimming practices which will be a daily thing beginning in about a week (intermixed with my own summer class schedule).

Day six of the range not working; planning grilled pork chops for dinner... The boys will be thankful that our main course is not a vegetable, because it has been for the past couple of nights. They'll eat just about anything I put in front of them, though feel free to say things like, "Mommy, I really prefer something like this with a different dressing, no offense." Well, I guess as long as there is "no offense...."

Have been running low on the blog fodder... Thanks for reading, if you're still awake, that is :-)

Have a great week!
Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)


2 comments:

Cindy G said...

Hmmm, that is cutting it close. The scarf looks lovely. I tried working the Seafoam Stitch years ago and just could not keep straight on the number of yarn wraps I was supposed to be up to for any given stitch (easily distracted, that's me). Maybe I should give it another go.

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, I love seafoam! It's one of the first stitch patterns I tried. I adore your scarf, and I'll have to work that into my repertoire - I have quite a bit of scarf yarn stashed!

Yes, I am at last catching up on the blogging...