Friday, September 05, 2008

Be Late for Something Day!

Greetings and Dear Laura:

YAY!! A holiday that is just my style! According to the calendar of bizarre holidays, today is "Be Late For Something" day. I got to work this morning and checked my holiday calendar and TA DA! I had already managed to celebrate the holiday. Nothing like getting that out of the way.

(Tomorrow is Fight Procrastination Day, but Saturday is my best procrastination day, so that probably won't work out so well.) I'm also late with posting to the blog, so maybe we can say that I'm "fighting procrastination" a day early!

First of all - Ibenholt is beautiful! And off the needles is such a wonderful feeling. Congratulations!

I did not have big plans for Labor Day, which was just fine by me. My parents were home unexpectedly - my dad had been to a routine doctors appointment, and diagnosed with pneumonia. A course of mega-antibiotics has him back to normal, so that's good. While he was resting, I took mom for a big grocery shopping on Saturday, took her to church on Sunday and then helped her with bookwork. Monday I took her to see her best friend from childhood who was visiting from her home in Iowa. Monday afternoon I did cooking and cleaning for the week ahead - so it was a good thing I had that extra day to get things done.

I had an eye doctor appointment on Wednesday - I was due for that last January. My new glasses should be here in about a week - I am SO looking forward to seeing more clearly. Hmm, maybe my lace knitting will be easier... I also ended up at the dentist on Wednesday. Over the weekend, I had a crown pop off, and I wanted to have it glued back. I was past due for a cleaning (are you seeing the procrastination theme here????) and it worked out I could schedule both things at one time. In the end, they also filled a cavity while I was there, so my mouth and eyes are good to go for a while.

By now you're probably asking yourself what any of this has to do with the picture of the sock. Not a thing! Just rambling on. The sock? I finished that last night at knit-in. I hadn't made it there in quite a while, so it was fun to see everyone again. A lot of them were working on sweaters. I got a lot of inspiration. Of course, I'm susceptible to inspiration. Here's a list of my current inspirations:

A baptismal gown for my great-niece Josie.
Squares for a blanket for my dad.
A sweater for my mom.
Socks for me.
Baby things for my new niece/nephew in January (THANK YOU for the seamless baby bootie pattern! I can't wait to try it out!!!!! I'll probably do that before anything else, even tho I should get the bigger things out of the way first. Say it with me, pro-cra-sti-nation??)

Hope your first week back at school has gone well. Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

1 comment:

marit said...

That's a pretty colour on the sock!