Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Tangled Yoke Cardigan Blocking!!

Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,

After a lengthy hiatus in the land of "finished knitted goods except for the last few steps," my Tangled Yoke Cardigan has busted a move. I knitted on the buttonhole band, wove in the ends, kitchener stitched the underarms, washed it, and am now blocking it:The buttons aren't sewn on yet -- I just put them on top of the buttonhole band to see what they'd look like on the sweater. (They aren't quite so bright in real life... ) Close-ups and shots with better (outside) lighting so that the cable isn't washed out in the photos will be posted when the thing is finished....

The buttonholes called for in the pattern are "one row buttonholes", which I've never done before, and which require a little bit of turning the knitting this way, then that way again, etc., but I really like how they ended up! They do not require any reinforcement at the corners, and look great!

My GOAL is to finish sewing in the grossgrain ribbon by Friday night, so that I may wear this sweater to a concert that night. The whole grossgrain ribbon thing is tedious, and just the sort of thing I'd be tempted to put off until next fall, so wish me luck!

We had chicken soup for dinner last night, and I made these pretzels to go along with it. They were yummy, and a big hit with dh and my kids. I'm trying to minimize my saturated fat intake, so did not even brush them with melted butter, though they tasted great, anyway. I'm going to take Allison's suggestion to get some "white whole wheat flour" (as she commented in my post regarding the pizza crust) and use some of that the next time I make these pretzels, too.

And, my next home project is adding a valence to this window:I'm going to get started right now...while both kids are at school...

Have a great Wednesday!

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

4 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, yay! I love converting people to white whole wheat flour :) Let me know how it goes. Those pretzels made me drool on my keyboard a little...yum.

Wow, Tangled Yoke looks great! Can't wait to see the post-blocking photos.

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see it on you in person. I hope you can make it to April's Last Saturday Knitting and wear it!

My little guy got early release today (11:30) and next week on Wed they both get out at 11:30. Grumble.

Molly Bee said...

Your sweater is GORGEOUS!!! I'm so jealous. My top down cardigan turned out a misshapen lump! Ummmm the pretzels look great too! Will have to try that out!

Cindy G said...

The sweater looks just elegant!

What the heck is white whole wheat flour?