Greetings & Dear Laura:
Ok, I'm going to catch up a couple of tags from RPW. First is the Blue Tea meme. It was started by a lady who has a blog called Blue Tea. (Thus the name!) According to the original poster, the rules for this meme are: “Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you’d also like to take. Tag five.”
1. HTML - This class sounds like something I'd like to know, since I had to have Lauren explain to me that I wasn't trying to figure out "bracket language" for my blog but HTML! This will be the class I take with Lora, who tagged me.
2. Cutting - You know, I watch lots of shows on the Food Network, and they all just whoosh away and have beautifully chopped food and NOT chopped fingers....I'd like to learn how to do that! Chop, mince, julienne, slice, dice....all of it.
3. Drawing - I'd love to be able to draw and I'm really bad at it. I don't know if a class would help, but it would be worth a shot.
4. Film making - my digital camera takes 15-minute video clips. I took some video of a project my dad and brothers worked on and then used my mac to put it together with music and stills to do a short movie - that was so fun and I'd love to do more and know what I was doing!
5. Photography - I did take a class years ago, but I'd like to go beyond that. I see such beautiful photography on blogs and wish mine was as nice.
Hmm, I notice that all of my classes are for skills that I would like to have, nothing about THINKING type courses. Also a big emphasis on creativity. I don't think my list would have looked anything like this even 5 years ago, so I'm bemused by the change. And while I'm sure I could benefit from courses in things like housekeeping and personal finance....it just doesn't appeal to me. Now if one of those organizational tv shows wants to come and toss out my stuff and organize what's left, I'm up for that, as long as I don't have to do all the work! Oh - and I didn't list any knitting classes because it's a given that I'll sign up for most any knitting class, even if I think I know how to do it! (Looking back at the instructions, I see I was supposed to choose classes to "fix my life" while I chose classes I'd like to take. Someone can analyze that slip for me....) ;)
Also a while back I was tagged for this...7 Things About Me.
1. I can drive a stick-shift. My dad wouldn't let me drive an automatic transmission until I could shift to his satisfaction. In fact, my primary car was a stick shift for almost 20 years. I can also drive and shift a semi truck or farm tractor. Shifting bicycles or motorcycles baffles me.
2. Also thanks to my father, I can diagram and explain the difference between a gasoline engine and a diesel engine.
3. 20 years ago (when I had turned 28 for the FIRST time) I took a trip to visit a friend in Finland and a friend in Austria. I've always felt that the boldest thing I've ever done was climbing on a train in Stockholm with a plan to meet Ingrid in Innsbruck, Austria on New Years Eve at around 8:00 pm. And I didn't speak a word of Swedish or German. (Well, I knew church words in German. However, the need to mention the Trinity never actually came up....) Heady stuff for a farm-girl from Indiana.
4. I don't like peanuts or peanut butter, but I do like Reeces Peanutbutter Cups. (It's not as strange as my brother, who likes peanuts, but not peanut butter!)
5. I plan to go parasailing on my 50th birthday.
6. I sang in at least one choir from the time I was in 3rd grade until about 5 years ago (a span of about 35 years.) I loved it and couldn't imagine ever not doing it. Until I found that I just didn't want to anymore. Now I can't imagine wanting to again. It's weird.
7. According to my grandmother, she and Loretta Lynn's grandmother were cousins and used to play together as children. And my dad has a coal mine, so I'm a coal miner's daughter too.
There. If you haven't done these yet, consider yourself tagged!!!
Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)