Tuesday, January 05, 2010

First Goal Achieved

Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,

Today was THE DAY! As soon as the boys got on their bus for school, I sat down and got rolling on the finishing of this, my Basic Chic Hoodie:
When I entered the finishing information into Ravelry, I noticed that I started this sweater one year ago, in January, 2009! The knitting on it has been complete for months on end; what a relief to have the finishing all done TODAY, too! It fits great, and I'll get a photo of me wearing it once it is all dry. I have it hovering over an air vent, which works surprisingly well in speeding up the whole drying process. I'd like to wear it tomorrow, as I'm meeting my mom to go to a yarn store...

Speaking of yarn stores, I am a gal without a sweater project, and I really miss knitting on a big sweater, especially when it is so frigid outside...so, I looked through several knitting books, and finally decided on Two Hearts, from the book "A Fine Fleece." I have several modifications planned for the pattern, including making the waist area a little smaller, knitting the sleeves (and possibly the body) in the round, and making the sleeves "set in" instead of "modified drop." I think that what really grabs me about the pattern is the wonderful cable on the front and back... Here is the yarn for this project:
I am hoping that it isn't *too* darkish for the cables to really pop, though I think it will be okay. One of the samples in the book is made out of a similar brown yarn, and I just really like the way it looks: two_hearts_lg.jpg

Well, it's time to jump start the laundry (don't think I can put up a blog post without saying something about the ever-present laundry...), and then begin my new sweater project!! More soon!

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)




6 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow your hoodie looks great!!!!! Considering it took me like 2 years to make the sweater I made myself, GOOD WORK! Can we have a picture of you wearing it?

And JEEZ would you look at the cables on that "two hearts" sweater? Yikes!!! :-) Can't wait to see it grow as you knit it though! Good luck!

SusanB-knits said...

Love your hoodie!! And your next sweater project... I love the cables on the back!

Laikabear said...

You are my sweater sensei! I can't believe the cables on 2 Hearts... I'm not usually daunted by cables, but those look extreme. Add to that all the mods you are making (are you using the pattern for anything but the cables?) and it should make for excellent blog fodder. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the modeled pics of the chic hoodie!

Sus said...

The hoodie looks great! I, too, can't wait to see a modeled pic. Love the buttons -- they really go with it!

Two Hearts is simply gorgeous as well! I love the color you've chosen. Rich and yummy. You are truly awesome at picking out sweaters. Rockstar! :)

Molly Bee said...

Great hoodie. AND Oh. My. God! Two hearts is GORGEOUS!Can't wait to see your progress!

Cindy G said...

Cute hoodie, and the new project will be great. I love Lamb's Pride, and in my limited experience using it for cables, they really pop nicely.