Monday, December 29, 2008

Something Fishy

Greetings, and Dear Cynthia,
I'm going to enjoy watching your hemlock blanket unfold. (I am wondering...just a thought here...perhaps some knitting machine lessons for you in January, as a New Years' goal, to give you a fighting chance at getting Grace's machine-knit blanket done by next December?....just sayin'...) After your "airbags and pointy sticks" comment, I think about you now whenever I'm a passenger knitting... My sister was in an accident a couple of weeks ago in which her vehicle rolled over twice -- one never knows when something crazy like that is going to happen. (Thankfully, she only had some minor injuries...but after hearing about all of the stuff that went flying around the inside of her passenger compartment, I think we might alter the way we pack for trips by securing things better...)

We celebrated Christmas twice, and will celebrate one more time yet. It's all good fun, though I've barely had a break since I was done with school. Our Christmas letters will have more of an Epiphany theme (or perhaps, Presidents' Day) this year, and I'm hopeful I can get those sent out by the end of this week.

All three hoodies were done on time, and the recipients loved them. It was rather grueling to fit them in right before Christmas (along with my other Christmas preparations), but totally worth it when my eight year old told me how warm and comfy it was, and that he really liked it. I'm going to try to make one for me this week...and I might have enough fabric left over for a fleece bathrobe for myself, too. I've made a fleece robe for each of my guys over the years; now it's my turn :-)

And, I finished the fish hat... the night before I gifted it:It cracks me up...So, are any of you setting any New Years' goals? Have a safe and fun holiday!

Warm regards,
Laura (YarnThrower)

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh that is TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I love it! I saw that pattern when it came out and immediately queued it as something I want to knit.... That looks great! And what a stash buster... hmm..

Oh and congrats on getting your xmas presents done! I hope you got to bed before Santa came... Merry Christmas!

Sus said...

The fish hat is AWESOME!!! I MUST make one of those for my hubby!! He asked for a jester hat, but I think it was only because he did not know of the existence of THIS!! w00t!

Glad to hear you had a merry Christmas and that I'm not the only one sending Epiphany cards this year... ;)

natalie said...

I've only just stumbled upon your blog. I can't wait to have a quiet few hours (hahahahaha) to read some of your previous posts. I'm a relatively new knitter and I love seeing all the projects you two are turning out. What an inspiration!

Thanks so much!
Natalie

Yarngineer said...

That hat is hilarious.

Cindy G said...

OMG, how did I miss that pattern? Love it (1000)

RPW said...

I looked for the pattern on Knitty and couldn't find it. Do you have a link? It looks very cool.

RPW said...

never mind. found it.

allisonmariecat said...

Hee! That fish hat made my day. How adorable!

I'm not a big New Year's resolution person. I've made some resolutions at different times, when it feels right, and I stick to those better than the NY ones! I do like to reflect on how I'd like to do things differently than I did the year before, though.

A fleece bathrobe sounds like a great present for YOU after all that giving!

Nik said...

I've decided to only make resolutions that I can stick with. such as promising to keep my house messy.

I can live with that :D

lej619 said...

I know I am a bit late commenting. seeing that this was posted in dec.
but i had to say this is really cute!! could you would you please tll me where you got the pattern??
I have a grandson and think he would like it when he gets older
thanks