Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Block


First Block
Originally uploaded by designatedknitter
Greetings and Dear Laura:

Well, I don't know if you can tell - but my parents surprised me on Friday night by coming home for a visit! I spoked with them on Friday morning on my way to work, and they never even mentioned the possibility of a trip north. My brother and sil and I were just walking into a local retaurant for dinner when they called and said they'd be home in about 1/2 hour, so we were all surprised! And somehow that always translates into the disappearance of all blogging time!

So I'll start my catch up reporting with this picture of a blanket square that I completed on Friday while my sil and I were waiting for my brother to be ready to go to dinner! It's an 8" square, made from leftover Classic Elite London Tweed in a nice royal blue color. I like the multi-color flecks, so I chose a simple stockinette stitch with a garter stitch border for this square. I used almost all of my scraps! This is for Jess's Grandpa's Blanket that Knitting at Lunch and I are knitting squares for.

Keep knitting!

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

No comments: