Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Blessings to you!

Greetings and Dear Laura:

I know what you mean about having lots to do to get ready. Yet here I am, blogging and keeping an eye on a baseball game! Actually, it isn't too bad - today is the first chance we've had to take a deep breath.

My dad was in the hospital in Indy for a couple of days this week, having some tests done. They did a heart cath, and we were glad to find out that there is no new blockage. He does need more medication, and so it takes some getting used to. Sometimes he doesn't feel well, other times he's his usual self.

They came back here Thursday night and Friday he felt well enough to go car shopping - he decided that I needed a new one, since mine had problems on the way to MI last weekend. He picked a really nice one, but in the end we decided to keep the one I have for now and see if we can get the problem fixed. It has too many miles to have much trade-in value. I love it, so I'm happy to keep it longer!

Here is a bit of what I've been doing lately......I finished this toddler sweater for the yarn store.
It turned out just the way I pictured it, so now if it just actually fits a toddler, I'll call it a success! I also finished this facecloth and a couple of "Soap Sweaters."
Of course, I got bored with my own pattern, so I jazzed it up and added some cables on the second one!
And I've gotten the ladybug hat almost off the needles. 7 rows of corrugated ribbing, then some spots and antennae and I'm done with that.


We had a wonderful service this morning, and my god-daughter and her husband and baby came over afterward for a visit, since they won't be here later. Dinner here isn't until 6, and I have most of my prep work done. We'll start setting tables and such at about 4, so I still have an hour to cheer my Cardinals on!

I wish you a wonderful Easter celebration! He is Risen! He is Risen indeed!

Keep knitting

Cynthia (aka Designated Knitter)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh the sweater turned out awesome!!!! Nice job. And I still love your new soap sweater design. I think the cables would give it more "Scrubbing power"... lol. Glad your Easter went well!

Sus said...

Cute sweater! And I lurve the soap sweaters!!! Too awesome.